The unique all-glass front of the Glaskasten display cabinet offers you optimal visibility of your model train collection.
Track and gauge
Shelf spacing is suitable for 1:43.5, 1:45 or 1:48 scale models, with enough height to extend pantographs.
Track is optional and can be standard gauge O (32 mm), narrow gauge Om (22 mm) or Oe (16.5 mm), this can be selected above.
Glaskasten optionally supplies powered track on the cabinet with light, so that locomotive or wagon functions can be used (e.g. sound or light). In that case you can connect your own DCC command station to the display case.
An integrated roller stand is available to bring motion to your model train display case. The roller stand replaces the powered track over the full length of a module. One or more shelves of each module can be fitted with a roller stand. Each 1.2 metre roller stand shelf comes with 5 trolleys (for 5 axles), additional trolleys are available separately.
The Glaskasten Module System is the only modular model train display system that can be extended in width and height without limits.
For large collections and long trains, multiple modules can be used side-by-side or above each other, forming one continuous display wall. Some standard combinations are available in our web shop, but there are so many sizes and combinations of options available that not everything is listed here.
This display cabines comes with the following:
- Display cabinet with high quality soft close hinges and integrated adjustable wall mounting system.
- Separately packaged tempered glass doors and side panels.
- Clear manual with installation instructions (you can download the pdf below).
- Wall mounting brackets with screws and plugs.
- Available options:
- Integrated LED lighting for each individual train
- Integrated power supply with power switch, white power chord and optional dimmer
- Integrated door lock in each module
- Powered track on each shelf
- Integrated roller stand on any shelf